Certified Translation of Police Certificates
Police certificates are one of the most frequently required documents by the authorities. What document is it in fact and where to get it?
A police certificate is a document that certifies your clean record or contains the list of your criminal offences. This document may be required by the authorities or by employers, or you may need it to start a business.
You can apply for a police certificate in person or electronically.
You can apply for it personally at the following institutions:
- Civil Register Office
- Criminal Register in Bratislava (Kvetná 13, Bratislava)
- post offices of the Slovak Post
- foreign embassy.
When applying for it in person, you will need:
- Your ID card (original one) if you are a citizen of Slovakia
- A valid passport and the certified translation of your birth certificate if you are a foreigner
- If it is to be collected for you by someone else, in addition to the above documents, a certified power of attorney, not older than 30 days, will also be needed.
As for foreign police reports, or if you are planning to work abroad, you will need a certified translation of your police certificate. This type of translation cannot be made by a regular translator, it can only be made by a sworn translator registered at the Ministry of Justice.
The sworn translator will translate your police certificate, bind the translation together with the original, and certify it with his official round seal.
If you come from abroad and received your police certificate in your home country, or if you are planning to apply for a police certificate in Slovakia but you need the certified translation of your birth certificate for it, or if you need a certified translation of your police certificate for working abroad, do not hesitate to get in touch with us any time.
We are looking forward to your visit in Bratislava or in Martin. In Bratislava, we are open in extended office hours, till 8 p.m. every business day.